Britney's Beau a Dad Again

by Joal Ryan
Jul 20, 2004, 6:45 PM PT

Almost-stepmom Britney Spears' rather complex family tree just sprouted another branch.

The ex-girlfriend of fiancé Kevin Federline gave birth to her second child Tuesday by the future pop-star husband, People magazine is reporting.

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Actress Shar Jackson, who played Niecy on Moesha during that teen sitcom's 1996-2001 run, went into labor at an Orange County, California, hospital, the magazine said.

Federline, a dancer, missed the 10:30 a.m. delivery, People said, but arrived at the hospital a few hours later.

Spears did not accompany Federline, the magazine reported.

It was not known if Jackson and Federline's latest production was a boy or girl. The ex-couple already have a two-year-old daughter, Kori.

In all, the 27-year-old Jackson now has four children, her manager confirmed to E! Entertainment Television.

Jackson and Federline, 26, were a couple for about four years before last spring when Federline became smitten with Spears.

In April, Spears, fresh off her 55-hour Vegas marriage, and Federline went public with their romance; the pregnant and dumped Jackson went public with her ire.

"There are two little kids--she [Spears] better be prepared to babysit," Jackson told Us Weekly.

Spears recently told People that she definitely, as the magazine put it, "plans to meet Federline's kids."

The 22-year-old singer, currently laid up with a knee injury, also said she definitely plans to have--presumably even meet--her own kids.

"I see myself with four or five," Spears told People.

Spears put herself on the family fast track last month, announcing her engagement to Federline. No date for the nuptials has been announced, although a November ring exchange has been rumored.

As for the now-two-time father, Federline said he is nothing if not a committed parent.

"I love my children more than life itself," Federline recently told People. "My kids will always be part of my life."

Ich wußte gar nicht, dass SIE seine Ex ist